New girls arrive,The Flower Show Meeting and George Bush



The second run is up and running!. I found another hen breeder near Corwen and went over to buy a few Buffs. The hens he had looked a bit knackered so I decided not to buy them and bought six healthy, older black hens with a lot of attitude instead. After I had clipped their wings, they stalked around pen number 2 like angry hookers looking for punters. Me thinks they are going to be a bit of a handful.


Hopefully in a few weeks the breeder will have reared some runner ducks, and has agreed to save me four, who will go in with the new girls.

We had the final flower show committee meeting (pre actual show) tonight at Auntie Glads. Carol will be steward for the Cakes and Jams, where I will be the steward for the veg! I have also been volunteered to man the door and raffle tickets, and I need to be there to set up on the previous Thursday AND Friday AND I am helping to make cakes for the day, so it looks as though I will be fairly busy !
Committee meeting are usually fairly uneven affairs as Gladys is very deaf and tends to shout over all other speakers on the "floor". At times John (from next door) was reduced to fits of giggles as the whole thing resembles A league of Gentlemen.
I was reading Nick Robinson's political blog with amusement today:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/nickrobinson/
He recalled an interaction with George Bush at a recent news conference. Robinson had famously fallen foul of the President over his "denial of Iraq" comment, and Bush obviously remembering him quipped "You still hanging around?" Later during the questioning Bush turned to Robinson who was sweating and stated that he should cover up his bald head. Robinson replied by saying "I didn't know you cared!" and the President resorted by saying waspishly "I don't!!!"
Now I was amused by the informality of all this and although I really hate Bush and his politics, I rather admired the informality of his conversation. Would a British Prime Minister be quite so "ordinary?" I very much doubt it.
ps Looking forward to see you soon Nia! xx

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes