The conservation group and old friends


Trelawnyd has come second in the best kept village in Flintshire this year which is a huge achievement, however as the village won last year the conservation group is understandably a little disappointed. When I was clearing the grass verges by the Church this morning, the slightly odd but friendly chap from the conservation group sought me out to recruit me back into the fold. The group had lacked members he told me, and that was translated in this years second and not first place! I am happy to help, so said yes, probably flushed with the success of the flower show!





Nia called this afternoon which was lovely. I was so pleased she managed to fit us in to a small window in her hectic visit to old Blightly from sunny Australia. Little George is a beautifully behaved and happy baby and I must admit I was quite taken with him.(Unlike Maddie who crawled onto the couch, growling very quietly when she saw him) We are going over to their borrowed cottage in the neighbouring village of Gwespr this evening to catch up properly.

I wonder when we will meet up again?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes