A mixed bag, scum,crops,and a the rude lady in the coffee shop!

Up early with the dogs for their beach walk, so missed the fact that the village Church was broken into by some trailer trash low life. Apparantly nothing was stolen (I suspect sonething must have been though), but the vestry window was smashed and damage obviously done! This sort of crime is sickening as it shows no respect for anything. Sad, sad,sad!

The weather again has been shitty, so went to Llandudno to get some family and friends birthday cards and presents. I have had to break my habit of troughing a huge Kentucky fried Chicken when I go shopping there, so as a healthy treat I went into Waterstones the bookstore's coffee house for soup and coffee (remarkable self control don't you think?)


Anyhow I was lucky to find a table and parked myself with my coffee, newspaper, huge bowl of minestrone, all arranged just how I like it! Now I know the place was busy and I admittedly was sat at a table alone ( one of those small tables for three!) but I felt justified sitting there ! Hummm!....well an old woman (obviously with money and well used to get her own way), thought differently! As I was puckering for my first mouthful of soup she actually rapped (yes indeedy) rapped the chair next to be with her stick and stated in a loud voice

"Say, could you move to that stool over there? so me and my friends could sit down at a table" She gestured to a tiny space and stool at a pillar across the cafe, which only had enough room sit to place one coffee cup. For a moment I was slightly stunned and she added (in way of appeasement) "I hope you don't mind me asking?", I noticed as she was fumbling with her handbag whilst pointing for her two cronies to come forward.

"Cheeky old cow!" I thought but I was pleased to turn to her and said calmly, " No..I don't mind you asking, but I am not moving , I am eating my lunch" Her expression almost made me laugh, as obviously she didn't actually think I was going to refuse her! and she just stood there fuming for a moment before hobbling off to the counter to complain. I could feel myself blushing but I pretended to read my paper, and I could have kissed the teenage girl at the counter who I think told her to wait her turn like everyone else! a victory for single diners everywhere!!!!!!


Chris still having a nice time in Broadstairs (have been impressed how the town looks in the E-on advert for the biggest wind farm in Britain), so I have written a few letters this evening, picked everlasting spinach and broccoli from the allotment (left) and written e mails! ( Nia you will always have a base here when you want to visit Prestatyn!!!XXX)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes