Distant support


Texting, I have been told is somewhat of a new art form coupled with easy communication. True the old tradition of phonecalls on birthdays and at midnight on New Year's Eve have been taken over with the brief often pithy and heartfelt text!, and living away from many friends in Sheffield and the south, I increasingly use texting to touch base with a loved one, when I get the urge!

I always see texting similar to that brief touch of an arm or amiable pat on the back between people who like each other; these physical contacts are tiny but important snippets of contact some friends need to perform to reinforce their connections and friendship. The power and importance of a few tiny words via texts have been so evident to me this weekend.

I heard that an old friend has been having serious mental health issues, and texting allowed me contact with them, without exerting pressure or overt stress for them to communicate at length . we touched base, I passed on my love, I offered support, we laughed (lol) but more importantly we opened a dialogue and I was very grateful to be able to do that so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes