One man and his favourite hen & a moment in Church

Looking rather dirty but happy at working outside all day (finally no rain all for 24 hours!!!) I have strimmed the orchard behind the cottage, cleared all the grass from beneath the electric fencing and strimmed most of the field grass. It is a bloody awful job but very satisfying. At three I sat in the coop with a cup of tea and was joined by my favourite hen, Mildred Pierce. She now makes a point of coming over to sat hello, and today climbed onto my knee for a stroke, which I was terrible moved by. I have decided that if I don't get outside to work at least every other day I have a tendency to get rather low! and if not low rather crabby .

This afternoon I managed to get into the Church for the very first time in 18 months. Carole was arranging the flowers for the altar, so I sneaked in to "get a feel" for the place, and the tiny church is very sweet and not at all austere, as many country churches can be.
Am working all day tomorrow and Saturday which is a bummer, Saturday night Chris and I have been invited to a salsa bar in of all places Denbigh ( for those English readers, Denbigh is a tiny one horse town in the middle of the Welsh coun tryside). Well it will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes