A blunt Polish vet and the allotment finally starts!!!!

After several large fits last week I decided to take Fin to the vets to discuss anti-epileptic meds. I am really against him starting phenobarbitone as I feel it is potentially sedating and in high doses potentially dangerous to the liver, but I need to be open to discussion. Part of Fin's charm is his exceptionally friendly nature, and anything that could compromise that worries me. Anyhow off we trouped to the vets and as usual the waiting room was packed with the usual suspects when we arrived! Everyone looked rather nonplussed and the obvious reason was the fact that on duty was another new vet. With a thick polish accent a pretty young woman called out "Haw is next?" The waiting room as one all started to look at each other and the nearest woman stated "I am waiting to see Mr Sargent!" One after another four others stated the same thing and I felt terribly sorry for the young woman. Mr Sargent (see previous blogs) IS a delightfull James Herriot senior partner and obviously trusted by his large number of customers but the whole situation seemed rather insulting to her. Being in a hurry I was more than delighted to jump the queue, and was soon in the surgery with the Polish vet giving Fin the once over. Now, I work with a lot of Polish medics and enjoy the blunt direct way they sometimes communicate and am never upset by them, this vet was no different as she remarked sharply "Vhy is he vet ?" (I had bathed him earlier) , I explained and she nodded in a hard unsmiling way! Fin who loves even an unsmiling new vet kept looking at her with his open mouthed happy charm and soon had her grinning and fussing him, anyhow to cut a long story short (and after discussion and deliberation from 2 other vets) we all decided to leave Fin well alone! Fits and all, I hope it is the right decision. (is it me or is he smiling in this pic?)



Just got back from the local horticultural society talk with Ann and the guest speaker was a bigwig at the Chelsea Flower show, an affable and articulate vegetable grower called Medwin Williams (http://www.medwynsofanglesey.co.uk/) Came away all fired up with allotment fever ( and two bags of free compost!!!!-oh be still my beating heart!) Getting the rotavator tomorrow!!! and have got the corner posts for the chicken run, downside is the fact that George has shredded my green welly slip-ons! (Pic is a bunch of my daffs from the front garden)

Want to see Becoming Jane (2007) this weekend but am off to London on Friday for a wedding post mortem with Nu! She has treated me to some good theatre tickets (I cannot remember the play) as a thank you for what I did at the wedding ( what did I do?) and I can't wait to see her again! Perhaps Chris will let me drag him to the flicks next week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes