The Scala Phoenix and other things


As I was in Prestatyn today dropping Richard off at the station, I was pleased to see that work had started on the new Prestatyn art centre and cinema! (see artists impression) . After years of in fighting, public argy-bargy and debate, the funding has been sought and I am set to be able to travel a mile and a half to see a good flick ( I am quivering uncontrollably at the thought!)


Richard met Steve (Village spokesman) this morning, and was greatly amused by his story of his own grave in Trelawnyd Churchyard. Steve has prepared his own family grave to his own specifications! and even had his father's body transferred from one Church 30 miles away to his own plot ! Richard laughed like a drain as Steve recalled eating a bacon butty in the grave as he prepared it! "I am the only person to dig my own grave and eat in it!" he said proudly !


I packed Richard onto the train with a goody bag of nibbles, mini bottle of red wine and a copy of "anglers weekly", so I felt that I been the ideal son-in-law. To be honest he has been an easy house guest but I do feel that he would be comfortable enough to help himself to things like cups of tea and breakfast.Perhaps that is just a generational thing. Sorell is visiting in April and soon after Chris' Uncle, Aunt and cousin come up, so we have nearly had the entire Burton family in one season!


Planted the rest of the spring and summer bulbs this afternoon, then a load of spring stocks and the Camellia that Chris had given me.
Joan still hasn't learnt to use the new cat-flap, which has caused several bladder clenching moments. Meg and George haven't helped as they have been play fighting for what seems like several hours now (right in front of the cat flap!) Perhaps her tiny brain can figure the complicated contraption tomorow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes