The Flower show committee and music to have at my funeral

Well I am officially a member of the Trelawnyd flower show committee! ( according to Hazel at work!), and I am totally overwhelmed with the responsibility! even though the letter with "it in writing" hasn't plopped through the letter box as yet! I do suspect they need a robust pair of hands to set up the Hall rather than a new perspective on decision making! but I am looking forward to our first meeting, when I meet the other "chosen few"!



Think we are off to see Miss Potter (2006) at the weekend, looking forward to that as I do like Renée Zellweger and her spot on/Meryl Streep-esque English accent. Another favourite actress of mine Emily Watson appears in the film too, so I am hoping for an entertaining evening!


ps. George had his first proper wee in the garden.......! al hum dilly la!


Postscript, I know I am risking sounding like a Luddite, but I must comment on how pleased I am with my cheapo Technika MP3 player, which I bought from Tesco for some ridiculous sum (not even a tenner). Filled to the brim of film soundtracks and particular fav ballads (Moon river being one), I am forced into thinking about making a list! This list is the music I would have at my funeral!

As the coffin is being wheeled in (Julia Fordham.....Happy Ever After OR The theme from The Archers)...I want wry smiles at the very beginning! Then interspersed during the service I would like "Moon River" (I would like Chris sobbing loudly at this stage as it is "our song" !, then "Thank You" by Dido ( did I hear a strangled cry from friends in the congregation?. This would be followed up by "The Morning After" from The Poseidon Adventure, and finally as the crowds are staggering towards the exits, I would finish them off with the end credits from the film Out of Africa, by John Barry.

who says I'm gay!

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. Based on that list, I'm praying for your immortality... Nx

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes