Housewife 49



Victoria wood as the downtroden Neta Last is wonderfull, she is a lumpy mouse of a woman, who lives a miserable wartime life, with pain-in-the-arse overbearing hubby (David Threlfall). Her acting doesn't touch you, however, nor does the writing...which was okish. She just LOOKS the part. Stout,pained and awkward, she seems to lumber from scene to scene with a pathos and sadness that breaks your heart. Lovely to see scene stealer Stephanie Cole as a WRVS leader, with a "spirit that won the war" type of mentality. Older and heavier, she is still Dr Beatrice Mason from "Tenko" , who I know and love!
Housewife 49, reminded me of my grandad in some ways, as his time in the fire brigade in the war , gave him a great deal of pride, self worth and meaning. I always thought that the war years were the happiest time of his life

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes