Gimmie, Gimmie, Gimmie a man after midnight...

I was calculating this morning of how many work Christmas nights out I have been to over the years? Well at least 28 of them I think, and they have all been pretty dire affairs; bad food, noisy, drunken and expensive- yep last night's Abba night (complete with tribute band- and I use the word band rather loosely), was no exception. Half of the ITU lot dressed up in an assortment of pseudo-original Abba garb,and got very drunk very quickly. The other half, just got drunk very quickly! Thank god I found Hazel, who is a tall willowy snob; she stated loudly from the start that she "didn't do fancy dress", and certainly "didn't do party hats." So we sat together and watched the fun. To be fair the lamb was lovely (even if the camp aged and grossly harassed
waiter was lisping at the top of his voice "LAMB!!!, who else has ordered the LAMB!? Darlins? LAMB!!!LAMB?..." The service was crap, the drinks were flat but the music was OK (you can't go far wrong with Abba, even if the lead singer had a welsh accent!)

My favourite Christmas night out memory was the Spinal Injury Night out in an awfull Chinese bar down the Moor in Sheffield. During the "disco" after the meal tempers frayed between British Steel and British telicom on the dance floor, and several fists were flying. The spinal nurses were caught in the crossfire, and I will always remember my friend Ruth yelling "Save Lewis!! Save Lewis", as our weedy Social worker got sandwiched between two battling thugs crying out like Charles Hawtrey "stop it! stop it this is all rather silly!!"

This morning, true to form very slightly muzzy, even though Chris picked me up at 11.30pm. Now off to the beach for a blow, and later we are off to LLandudno to a Mozart by candlelight concert....what a difference 24 hours makes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes