Christmas Past and Present







ee HAPPY
CHRISTMAS QQ





I did my thinking on the bus or tram when I was in Sheffield, or walking with the dogs at Redmires. Today I still have big thinks when out with the dogs, but this time it is at the Beach or on the roads around the village. I also love to think when I am in bed looking at the view towards Rhuallt hill, and today's thought was of Christmas past and present.




I have always loved Christmas, it is a throwback from my Mother who spent the month run up , making awful home made sweets, copious lists of Christmas card replies, and planning for a huge dinner table, complete with 1970's prawn cocktail and a solid sherry trifle. She adored making the day special, and tradition meant that she and my father "held court" on the day itself as all the family called around. Strange to think that Chris and I had very similar Christmas upbringings as it were, even down to the same daily routine.






Recent Christmas' have always been a mixture a real family and "urban" family times, Friends Mike and Bev have always figured high in our Yuletide tradition and I am glad that we will be seeing them on the 28th. I hope we can catch up sometime with Nu and Jim, but as her mum has been admitted to a Liverpool hospice, things are pretty busy for them. We had a lovely card and pic from Nia and George (pic) with little George proudly on show, and Christmas day we are joining the Queen with a technology overdose, by setting up a webcam greeting with Chris' Brother and mother in Broadstairs.
Funny how things evolve, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes