Mixed bag, Aunts and a lost phone


Busy day today, went down to Prestatyn, to pick up a load of logs from Judy's garden. My aunt has very recently lost her mother and is having a difficult time. ( This seems an universal problem at the moment!) so was glad to chat, she is coming up for tea tomorrow and does so, often on Sundays. My Uncle Tom, who was a diminutive affable and benign character has been dead 13 years, and Judy has been alone since then-a relatively young woman. Glad to hear that she has booked a luxury cruise ! the Liner looks like a dead ringer for the ship in the film Poseidon, I am very envious.

Planted a load of bulbs in the dry stone wall opposite the cottage , and will be shown how to lay such a wall by the elderly bloke that is repairing it, later in the week , which I am looking forward to. Found some pink pansies at the market garden and planted them in the
garden and then stacked the woodpile behind the cottage , which almost buggered up my back again!

Lost my phone last week! AGAIN!!! can't believe it as I was sure I had it in my car before I caught the train to Sheffield. I wish I was more careful and organised as I have never made a copy of all my friends' telephone numbers. Amazing that ten years ago I never had a phone and swore that I would never get one! now I miss its loss dreadfully!!!! sign of the times eh?......

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes