Alma de Cuba & Butler tom-toms


After a shitty journey on ARREVA trains managed to meet with Nu in Liverpool at teatime. Lovely to see her, as things with Nancy have been pretty dire at times, and I was glad to "touch base" and have a chat. Nu's nieces Siobhan and Sara suggested we go to a Tapas bar near the Cathedral for something to eat, and it was great to be able to talk to Siobhan briefly on the phone when we got there. Nuala's family is a family of matriarchs and all the "Butler" girls have genererously welcomed me in to their homes and lives at one time and another. The younger members of the sisterhood, I have know since they were pre teens, and they now have blossomed into funny ,professional,cleavage bouncing, young women!

The Tapas bar was called ALMA DE CUBA, and was amazing, as it was situated in a 200 year old Polish Church on Seel street. Covering two open plan floors the dimly lit bar and restaurant mingled new with old, and classy leather booths were hidden away in front of frescos and the magnificent altar! Hundreds of candles made me feel as though we were on the set of Phantom of the Opera. It was lovely. We had a great meal, big chats and I was home by 10.30pm!

Awfull weather this morning so after a 6 am walk with the dogs, I am now curled up in bed ( electric blanket on!!) reading Patricia Cornwell. Off to Sheffield later and back tomorrow and looking forward to Chris being back home from Boston.

ps. when I was refering to tom toms, I was talking about the "Butler family's ability to chat and gossip" !!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes