Key Largo, Seals and very bad weather.


Claire Trevor won an academy award for best supporting actress in 1949 for her role in Key Largo. Watching a few minutes of the John Huston film when I was eating my lunch, I realized just how talented she was. Claire plays a gangster's moll way past her prime. In one key scene Edward G Robinson makes the alcoholic Gay Dawn( Trevor) sing for a drink, and the pain, embarrassment and shame that Claire Trevor portrays is truly heartbreaking.


Spent four hours finishing off Chapter 3 statistics, then took the dogs for a walk on the beach. Funny the weather was exactly the same as in Key Largo and got soaked to the skin in two minutes. The promenade was totally deserted, and when no one is around I have often seen the odd seal head poking out of the water. Today was no different and I was quite amazed to see two conical heads watching us from only 100 feet out.

Put lots of logs on the fire, and with the dogs steaming gently am now off for another 4 hours reading.
ps. Meg does look fatter........or is it my imagination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes