Materialism part 2



The first things I would grab would be my art deco Denby terriers. Before we got Fin and Meg, I always had a slight obsession with 1930's style dogs and fell in

love with these old bookends when we were in Sheffield. I think they are beautiful.

This Telephone was my very first puchase for my very first house in Providence Road, Sheffield, and I was very proud at finding it in an old junk shop, and even more proud to find out that it still worked!.

It reminds me of the film Dial M for Murder, as it featured in the murder scene with Grace Kelly, like the terriers it is stylish and tactile

This little needlepoint is almost hidden amid all the family photos on the kitchen wall. It was completed in 1988 by an inpatient at the psychiatric hospital I worked at In York. The patient unsurprisingly enough had huge psychological problems, and I rememeber being very touched by her gift to me as it took alot of time and effort to complete it for me. I was at Bootham Park Hospital for only 2 years, but valued my time there, as it gave me a true interest and grounding in the psychological care of patients within nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes