MY FAMILY & OTHER ANIMALS PART 2




My grandparents James and Mary Fry (Prictured here at their 50th Wedding Anniversary), were a massive force for good in our (me and my siblings) upbringing.

My Grandfather a Liverpudlian of welsh/Bristol ancestry, and Gran (of Irish/ Lancastrian roots) came to Prestatyn in 1941 after heavy bombing of the docks and Everton.

To her grandchildren she was a matriarchial glue that kept the family together, affable,big hearted,strong, slightly neurotic and a natural storyteller, she filled our childhoods with laughter and security.

Grandad, a quieter force, remained firmly and happily in her shadow.

They died in the early 1980s and are buried at Coed Bell Cemetry which overlooks the Wirral and Liverpool beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes