Bank Holiday

Burkinis in the distance

Thank God, the Welsh only have hang ups about sex and chapel!
We are sitting on the beach again happily enjoying the sight of a dozen or so Muslim ladies in Burkinis having a bit of a surf.
It's a very jolly sight.
I've only had a couple of hours sleep but after the "Fridge door " incident, I thought it prudent to get out of the village with the Prof who has had to cope with the cottage responsibilities unaided for the past 48 hours!
Not only has the " door" put him into somewhat of a mental decline, he's finally lost his patience with our elderly bed mattress which for him is as comfortable as lying on a barrel load of hedgehogs and these two things coupled with a middle of the night lightening storm which triggered a somewhat unexpected canine diarrhoea event, the poor academic is in need to a beach break.
He doesn't do the mini disasters of real life.

So here we are again,
but this time I've refused to burn my arsehole !

Tomorrow will be an exciting day...the Prof goes back to work after a month off, the cottage is having  new Windows fitted and Winnie, well, Winnie will be beside herself, cos she will be given free rein with two ( YES TWO!!! ) window fitting workmen all of her own! 
The subsequent  bulldog masturbatory frenzy will be sight for very sore eyes!
Hey ho


41 comments:

  1. Oh, but you do live the good life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy days are here again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. With it being a bank holiday I guess there were lots of bank managers and bank clerks down on the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good old Winnie !!! Glad you are enjoying the beach, hubby has booked the week off work so we are visiting the coast in a few days, our last hurrah before we return to school next week x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful blue sky. Is that really Wales?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the very same thing!

      Delete
    2. Colwyn bay beach! Yes Wales x

      Delete
  6. I suppose going back to work will be a relief for the Prof? New windows are exciting. Will you also be shopping for a new mattress soon? -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read parts of this out loud to Dave. Hilarious!

    I really don't get the controversy over burkinis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Next time you get to that beach think of me suffering 1500 miles from the nearest ocean. Lake Superior just isn't the same.

    ReplyDelete
  9. busy times in the little village; will the department store deliver both items soon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. A decent mattress is a must if you want a proper night's sleep. I sympathise with the Prof if he's had to put up with sleeping on hedgehogs. The worst mattress I ever slept on was in a San Francisco hotel. It creaked non-stop with even the slightest movement. It was like sleeping with a bunch of croaking frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And more to the point, will the new fridge have arrived?

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's all happening in Trelawynd !
    Winnie, just remember to behave yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Using the beach tent again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I paid 7 quid for it, im getting my moneys worth

      Delete
  14. We use local companies for our renewals. Use them or lose them. Ours can be depended upon to deliver quickly to help in emergencies, like fridges with broken doors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know that if you burnt your arsehole, friction would have nothing to do with it, so take care in the sun, son.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rachel is so right. We once had our forever appliance repairman replace our dishwasher the night before Thanksgiving day company.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm thinking the Prof will be happy to escape back to his job!

    You can pack more imagery in one sentence ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. My only concern about burkinis is -- where the hell can I get one?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I try to stay out of the sun, but I like the beach so...

      Delete
  19. M&S sells them apparently.Must be very hot to wear. However if you're conscious of your middle aged spread prob a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So just realised you are in Canada. Have you got a branch of M& S there?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think I saw you with your bucket and spade, the prof holding a tube of bum cream, and sitting on a deck chair with a newspaper coronet on his head.

    ReplyDelete
  22. No problem with Burkinis on the beach....now mankinis...I sincerely hope that I never encounter a chap wearing one of those. Eww!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some of my family were in the Lake District for Bank Holiday and said there were people from Christmas to Breakfast. That beach looks much more my speed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I live half an hour from the beach. There is a swimming pool where I live .. I have not seen one person in a bathing suit of any kind ..weird, huh ?
    I have been told that there is a storm coming up our way ... I am calling it a storm because if I actually say Hurricane, I will have to go have a mental breakdown.. the cats would hate that.
    I want to come live in Wales. I don't think you have hurricanes, do you ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but we do have poundland and pontins

      Delete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes