Monday, 27 August 2012

Gay Icons III

 According to wikipedia qualities of a gay icon often include glamour, flaboyance, strength through adversity, and androgyny  in presentation
Using this "template" and carrying on my Gay Icon Day, I thought I would share my top 10
 
Glamour and Beauty -Lady Mary

 Nancy (aka Karen Black) the cross eyed stewardess hero from Airport 75

Tragic Carol from The Walking Dead ( Zombies abound and she is still washing the dishes)

 Mrs Frazer killing the hun with an axe in Went The Day Well " Gawd Bless her"
 Queen Streep
Dowager Bette

Is he? isn't he Jeremy Renner

Cher

Posh Victoria from The Great British Bake Off

and my number 10 is?.........

20 comments:

  1. This gay thing is flipping complicated!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. tell me about it..I have not passed any of my gay exams and I am 50!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sartorial elegance needs work?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cher??????? Surely that's not Cher!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cathy! oh cathy cathy cathy!
    I was being a little bit of a devil there xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I 'missed' this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cher? You cheeky monkey! Isn't that Rambo's mother?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am currently in love with Lady Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought maybe she had suddenly gone downhill...
    hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are MY Gay Icon xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. genius... I love these new icons... and I love the Cher one... did you see Futurama last night? they went to visit the 57% of what's left of Cher... genius!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Is there such a thing as a heterosexual icon? If so I'd like to nominate Emily Maitliss - the BBC newsreader (From Yorkshire - naturally). By the way what is "flaboyance"? Are all gay icons overweight?

    ReplyDelete
  14. tee hee YP my M is sticking!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darn, I didn't make it onto your list. Guess I'm not flayboyant enough.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Is that Cher? It looks like Jackie Stallone to me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. John you are so bad to label that photo as Cher....she may be aging but not that badly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha, great 'Cher' photo!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and will now try very hard to reply to all of them
Please dont be abusive x