Wonderful service

This coffee was left for a rather bad tempered customer in a coffee shop in Ohio...priceless
Now I kind of like the waitress that was responsible..... we all have done something similar in our dim and distant paths have we not?
Years ago ( and I mean 1980) I worked as a bank clerk in the National Westminster Bank in sunny old Rhyl.
I hated it.
I was an awful clerk.
I never balanced my till,
and I especially despised organising the customer statements in the morning.
One customer had to have a hand typed envelope only because he had 15 ( yes 15) letters after his name......he was also an O.B.E.!
so every day for two soddin years I had to type out his name,status and address!
I always got it wrong somewhere..... perhaps I had put a comma where a full stop should have been and several times a month he would be on the phone , yelling at someone that the Bank had showed him no respect....yadda...yadda
On my last day at the bank ( just before I started my psychiatric nurse training) I gleefully typed out his statement and added a few choice letters of my own
Instead of Sir Peter -------- O.B.E. CB.E. etc
I typed Sir Peter--------- S.O.D. A.R.S.E. F.U.C.K. W.I.T. M.O.A.N.E.R.
a small but satisfying victory 

ah, I am a roll now
After I started my psychiatric nurse training I worked for a while on a male long stay ward... The surroundings were austere and at times rather bleak, but the staff ( many institutionalised as bad as the patients) were generally warm hearted and helpful.
The charge nurse was a big bluff Irishman who brewed his own beer in one of the patient bathrooms. He absolutely HATED the sister of the neighbouring female ward,(I never got to find out why the bad feeling was so marked but a patient told me the two had been engaged many years previously and that she had broken off the romance!)
Anyhow the ward sister had advertised all over the hospital  for donations towards a spectacular four and a half feet glass aquarium she had bought for her day room and these notices seemed to infuriate this charge nurse.
He called me in to the office on my second day and sent me and a patient to her ward with two buckets of water and a note!
the note said
" hope these donations for your fishtank will be useful"

10 comments:

  1. L.M.A.O.>>>>>>>>>>>>as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFL love the buckets of water and note!!! tee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I needed a giggle this morning ;0
    I was a bank clerk at the Midland Bank in Warrington, and had similar experiences with constant 'special' care for certain customers..
    I wished I'd had the gumption to have written a few things like that, before I left.
    The buckets of water and note...Priceless !!
    ( So was the bank near Sunnyvale in Rhyl ? )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the laugh! Two buckets of water!! lol Love you final note to the customer. Goos one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha - I can think of a few people I would like to give letters after their name. You did well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Revenge can be soooo good for the soul! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic! I would love to say some choice things to a few . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I threw a donut at a customer when I was 18 and working at a coffee/donut shop. :)
    It felt good to do it ... the guy was a real jerk.
    I told my boss what I'd done when he came in and he had to fire me, obviously.
    But I will say, he had a good laugh and told me that there were many times he wished he could do the same.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes