The Second Hill from the Left




 Look carefully, Gop Hill is the second from the left on the horizon. That’s home. 
I finished counselling early ( a no show) so I went for a coffee and fishfinger sandwich in Colwyn Bay


No shows occur for a myriad of issues, lack of engagement , lack of rapport, the lack of structure and the non directive approach of person centred therapy are just a few. In trauma the freedom of choices can promote disengagement and disassociation.
Some people just want to be told what to do

I didn’t mull about it too much. The fish finger sandwich was glorious and the weather was warm.
And I took off my counselling jumper to show off my dinosaur t shirt.

Nothing profound today 
Just a fish finger sandwich

 

40 comments:

  1. A no-show is a mixed blessing I guess. Love the t-shirt and glad a fish finger butty and chips hit the spot! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:20 pm

    Do you get paid if they don t show? Lizzy d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depends
      If there is no warning or excuse , I get full payment
      If I have 24 hour notice I get half payment

      Delete
  3. Fish have fingers? A no show sounds like a nice little unexpected break for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With lots of tartar sauce bloody lovely

      Delete
  4. What a delightful way to spend your unexpected free time, to enjoy the bay views, and that yummy fish finger sandwich with fries ... or chips! That's most excellent self care!
    Love the dino tee, too. A bit if levity under your jumper.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only levity under my jumper indeed !

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:20 pm

      Lee would have loved that reply

      Keith

      Xx

      Delete
  5. Anonymous2:42 pm

    Love the shirt and here in the US the client has to pay something if they don't show up. So there is a penalty. Is there a penalty there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I get paid full amount if no notice

      Delete
  6. I love fish finger sandwiches 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a wonderful way to close out the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight I’ve lit the fire , that’s sweet

      Delete
  8. Just the mention of a Fish Finger Sandwich has me drooling. Tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fish finger sandwich, nothing wrong with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jo in Auckland6:49 pm

    Looks like a banging sandwich. No where nicer to eat it either but by the sea. Sad about the now show, I feel that the no show..er missed out on some healing...and that is sad for them.. but my philosophical self says that this incident is also part of their journey and also a path for learning and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sharing an ordinary day can feel - not maybe profound, but it does feel intimate. Like a true friend sharing their take on a day. It is why I am here. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie, I love blogs like what you mention xx

      Delete
  12. Anonymous7:46 pm

    Love the t-shirt! Fish finger sandwich looks good too! Jean in Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I was a teenager, working at McDonald's, for my lunch every day I got a fish filet sandwich which I believe is fairly close to a fish finger sandwich. Or as close as McDonald's gets, anyway. I looked forward to that thing every day. It was probably horrible. What did I know? I do love a good fried fish sandwich now.
    Yeah. You can't take things like a no--show personally.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the T, Rex! A nice place to enjoy a meal or a cup of coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like a great spot to relax and eat in a T-Rex shirt!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhh
    See? That’s style! And you say you don’t have a fashion tribe?

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous11:27 pm

    The no-show gave you some well-deserved time to do as you please. The fish sandwich with lots of tartar sauce sounds divine.
    I like the saying: You can please some of the people, some of the time, but not all of the people all the time.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Anonymous2:13 am

    So you got a snow day and some Vitamin D, winner- winner. Looks like a beautiful day! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous3:49 am

    A therapist I used to work with would say that sometimes not showing up was more progress than being there and that a breakthrough might be in the offing. Hopefully no tartar sauce breakthrough onto that fabulous shirt.

    Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  20. Carol Caldwell6:41 am

    The sandwich/roll looks delish and the T shirt looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  21. There is everything profound about a good fishfinger sandwich, especially with a handful of chips and wearing a dinosaur t-shirt. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So the Gop isn't the tallest there?
    A sammy by the sea in tbe sunshine...can't fault it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yorkshire Liz12:14 pm

    A fish finger sandwich IS profound. Especially when someone is eating it - and it's not you!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous12:57 pm

    Love your t-shirt! Hugs Bun

    ReplyDelete
  25. Anonymous2:09 pm

    i would have to be half dead before i would miss an appointment. My girls say if I'm not a half hour early i'm late. i was always told that it's disrespectful to be late or not show up without at least calling with a dam good reason. i am having a fish burger, no fries but loads of tartar sauce for lunch today. Gigi

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes