I’m still here

 Oh bless Carol from Atlanta , she missis me! 
Alas I’m not in some faraway place 
I’m on my last shift of three 
36 hours working in three days 
Not much time but work, eat, shit , eat.

But today in my dreams, one’s laced with a sleeping tablet 
I Was the inside of the Sagrada Família 





30 comments:

  1. The Triad of Night Shifts resonates. Sleep well and heavy tomorrow Johnny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:27 pm

    Thank. You, John!! I’m so glad you are ok, but exhausted from work!!! Take good care of yourself ! We need you! It’s a jungle out here, especially if you live in USA.😢
    Sending love and joy, Carol in Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m still here carol ! You haven’t lost me yet

      Delete
  3. Anonymous8:50 pm

    relieved to see your post. I suspect that you are *watched over* more than you might know! Now to recover from 3 long night shifts....sigh
    Susan M/ Calif.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know how you do it, but I'm so glad you and many more like you, do. Thank you. Now off to bed young man and sleep the deepest, most restful sleep. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that’s a trippy dream.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A hard slog. I remember after one tough night shift I was so tired my knees were shaking. I had a long walk home and I honestly don't know how I made it. Oddly, I slept better during the day on nights than at night on a day shift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tonight I’ll sleep the sleep of the dead

      Delete
  7. Goodness, 3 long night shifts back to back? It's a wonder you remember how to write! Have a good, cozy night's sleep and "may angels sing you to your rest!"
    Hope you're off for a few days now.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh! No wonder you've been quiet - I was concerned too. I'm lad you took as sleeping tablet - I know when I get overtired I simple can't turn the brain off. For me, a half a zoplicone does the trick, although I don't ever use them for more than 2-3 nights. Isn't that church incredible - all the more for being designed without the computer assistance available today. We visited years ago and found it almost overwhelming. Sleep well and eat well so you recover quickly. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m caught up on a few things now , and been better fornit

      Delete
  9. And what were you praying for???

    ReplyDelete
  10. I admit having to look Sagrada Família up, but now I can see why your dreams would take you there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MarisAna5:37 am

    That sounds so hard! Hope you can rest well soon.

    Your dream is of such a fantastic scene! That church is an experience in a lifetime in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s a stunning place that touched my heart with its handprint

      Delete
  12. It is great to hear from you, we do worry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live that, bu shhhhhh s don’t tell everyone

      Delete
  13. Take care of yourself.
    Those are long stress-filled days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were , and now they are gone xx

      Delete
  14. Hope you catch up on your rest and have time for some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous2:34 pm

    Good times and bum times
    I've seen them all and, my dear
    I'm still here
    Plush velvet sometimes
    Sometimes just pretzels and beer
    But I'm here

    Sort of sums up my life at the moment - Bel Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you old show gal you ! 🧛‍♀️

      Delete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes