Village Life


 Life in Trelawnyd rumbles on regardless of any single person’s news and affairs. The pea hen who has taken up residence in several gardens in the centre of the village remains stuck and seemingly happy here and the Hall’s youth activity initiative seems to be another success indeed thanks to villager Colette


The Go Green club has cleared the pond again, and thankfully last night the rain has fallen so I hope the pond has had some influx of fresh water. I will pop down tomorrow to see the hard work, I’m only sorry that I’ve not been able to help.
Dave smith  has photographed meteors during the clear weather , and later this month the centre of Trelawnyd will be closed for pot holes repairs



Life plods on. 
I’ve started to collect the cups from last years’ Flower Show winners, and it’s nice to see that the Apple Festival returns again

Below Air Fountain.
Dance-of kalagayis
By 
Daniel Wurtzel 



33 comments:

  1. What a wonderful community you live in! You've kept up your involvement in many of the activities in the past so your friends will certainly excuse you as you recover from the insults that your body has endured recently.
    The Air Fountain was astonishing!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got get back in the saddle for next years flower show

      Delete
  2. Very picturesque and full of character. Love it.
    You can still see this in some towns and in some old neighborhoods in the city here.
    The suburbs have killed any semblance of life in many communities.
    A pea hen! You need to name her!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful Air sculpture - I looked at it numerous times, it's so soothing, and I needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potholes Repair Day -- always a welcome occasion! Love that video, so creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A BIG OF rEAL LIFE ENTERS going Gently

      Delete
  5. And the people that live there make all of this happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is always a small core of volunteers in any successful village community, those that do , those that follow

      Delete
  6. I DO LIKE the sound of your Apple Festival. I can see that becoming BIG!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Village life, made possible by village people. The video is wonderful. Mesmerising! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding new blood is always difficult but not impossible

      Delete
  8. I like the variety of things that are going on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much of it is down to the velvet voiced Linda xx

      Delete
  9. Anonymous7:35 am

    That's a coincidence - we've had a peahen take up residence on our road too. She's been around over a month now - found her in our garden originally! Not really what you expect in a big city setting - Bel; Ami

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to see news of Trelawnyd. Beautiful dance. Daniel Wurtzel is so gifted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems such a simple art instillation but it works beautifully

      Delete
  11. Lots doings in the village; that's nice. But, um, when they get done with the potholes in Trelawnyd could they come across the pond and do ours in Camden???

    ReplyDelete
  12. Krayolakris12:34 pm

    I love to read about the village, John. You live in a special place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most communities are similar , once you start digging

      Delete
  13. Your village life appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the meteor photo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have a couple of peacocks and peahens in our town. New people to town regularly post to our Facebook page asking if anyone has lost one, but nope, they are just free to roam as and when they want to. My Facebook Memories fill up with my Llanrwst and Trelawnyd flower show entries at this time of year. Happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did well that year, with what seemed like 100s of entries my old friend

      Delete
  16. Something for everyone in the village. Sounds lovely. I like that air fountain, I have never seen that before but it works very well.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes