Bad Habits


I'm late blogging today.
It's my sister's Flower Show tomorrow ( she holds a rather large and grander fete-like show in Prestatyn over two days) and I have been preparing my exhibits as well as cooking turkey meatballs for supper and a large ginger cake to enter in my show!
A delivery lorry got stuck on the hind-leg corner briefly at lunchtime and it's driver came over to pat Winnie who was making frantic kissing noises at him from behind the kitchen wall as well as to reassure me that his truck had not done any damage to the wall.
As he chatted he absent mindedly itched his arse with his hand down the back of his jeans.
I wondered afterwards if he was having sandwiches for lunch.
Funny what you think about when you are waiting for a ginger cake to bake.

Bad habits, we all have em!
Once a previous boyfriend, who was not known to be particulary humorous ( or even nice for that matter) once sent me a photograph of a pair of my underpants that I had once discarded on his bathroom floor. He sent it me as a postcard through the post and addressed it to my place of work!
The underpants had a skid mark on them!
Luckily for him, I found this all rather amusing and not at all embarrassing.......having said this the photo came to my office directly and was not circulated on the shop floor....even though it had passed through the Royal Mail!

Is it bad form pointing out others bad habits?

19 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:26 pm

    Skid marks. How gross. Especially for gay men. I trained my partner to make more of an effort to avoid such a thing, and it worked. The interior of my nose must be clean. In my own company, I make sure it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to take a pound of flesh when I argue with my Boy Scout. I ALWAYS regret it but I do it more often than I care to admit. This peace loving girl be mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My worst habit is occasionally failing to straighten our front room curtains properly when I either open them or close them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lols at how few comments this post has compared to your usual! My bad habits are many and legion!

      Delete
  4. I'm told that having my plate 9 inches in from the edge of the table annoys people terribly. Can't think why!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the amount of people you see picking their nose when driving is crazy. I used to car share to Oxford its slow going one week I'd drive the next the other person. Men, women, children all digging around in their nose. YUCK

    ReplyDelete
  6. It probably IS bad form, but it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My late mother used to poke me between the shoulder blades and bark "Stand up straight!" all my life, even when I was in my mid-sixties. The funny thing was, she had the same habit of slouching. Projection? I think sometimes we complain about things we see in other people that are the very things we don't like about ourselves. Plus, she was a Virgo...so there's that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My great grandmother once informed the man she was sitting next to on the bus that his nails were so filthy you could grow peas under them....I'm not sure what my Nana thought who was with her at the time! Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a skid mark from a seagull on back of me tshirt. It's from the time I went to Rhyl.

    By the way, I've just been to see Dunkirk and it's a wonderful testimony to those who were there. Thank god we had the spitfires and those courageous men who flew the otherwise we'd be singing Deutschland ueber Alles instead of God Save the Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hardest on those I love. I keep thinking, no one else is close enough to say anything, so it is my responsibility to try and reduce my loved ones' bad habits! I'm not proud of this, and lord knows I have enough bad habits - different ones, but just as bad - to keep me busy changing my own self until the day I die!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your previous boyfriend sounds like a passive-aggressive skid mark himself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, a postcard! Did he write a message? Maybe you started "Post Secret"!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I suppose it is bad form really John, but sometimes habits can become so irritating that it is hard not to mention them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am working on being less of a fault finder and try instead to open my mouth with a compliment. I am not always successful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always try to show my disapproval when anyone sneezes without turning away, or blow their nose right next to me, but I suppose this is just rudeness and inconsideration. I don't want to know about skid-marks.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes