30 things to do before you die

The vehicle on Snowdon, as bad weather closed in on Monday
BBC NEWS Highlighted a 50 things before you die stunt here in Wales


I am up at my brother's again today, albeit for a short 2 hour stint, my younger Sister Janet will be taking over from me at 1.30pm, so I am indulging myself with a bit of news reading.
One story did catch my eye today...it is the story of how a bloke called Craig Williams, drove almost to the top of  the 3,500  Snowdon Mountain in his 4 x 4 on a spur of the moment whim to tick off one of the objectives of his "50 things to do before you die" bucket list...
suffice to say that the "authorities" had something to say about it all....and Mr Williams was arrested and subsequently bailed....
This got me to thinking about my own 50 step Bucket list, and seeing that I have a little time before Janet turns up, I thought I would indulge myself ( when don't I?)..with the fantasy! (I only got up to 30!)

so here goes...I would like to:-
  1. Appear as an extra in a series of films, just like Alfred Hitchcock used to do..you know holding the door open for the leading lady....walking past with a couple of dogs or sitting miserably on a bus......just enough to be immortalised on celluloid.
  2. Kiss Matt Cardle on the lips (or anywhere else for that matter)
  3. Travel on the Queen Mary into New York Harbour (First class)
  4. Be a part of a choir that wins a national prize with true Hollywood chutzpah
  5. Be able to touch my toes without farting!
  6. Learn to dance (in secret) and then astounding the guests at our wedding with some funky moves!
  7. Opening the back door to our retirement home to let 10 dogs run riot on our own land and fields away from a main road.
  8. Being able to write a whole blog entry without any spelling mistakes or having to used spellcheck
  9. Swim with tadpoles (Thanks YP)
  10. Own a Jersey Cow and being able to milk it !
  11. Saying something breathtakingly witty and cutting to someone I cannot stand, whilst looking wonderfully handsome at the same time as being overheard by a group of my peers and indeed filmed by an opportunistic film team
  12. Dance "Jai Ho"with the Boston Flag Football team (see below) sigh
  13. Fly in an airship
  14. Be all blokey with Russell Crowe over a couple of "tinnies"
  15. Buy just one outfit from Bergdorf Goodman on 5th Avenue without worrying 
    about $ 
  16. Bitchslap someone who really deserved it
  17. Save someone's life.....that would validate all the time being on this planet!
  18. Have a rose named after me..and that rose then wins the Beldon Cup in the local flower Show
  19. Sit in a Royal Box at the theatre with champers and nibbles!
  20. Have and being able to work an IPHONE properly
  21. Own An Aga
  22. Buy something that causes a "stir in the room" at an antique auction
  23. Have a party to which all the people care about would come to and enjoy with NO exceptions
  24. To be seen as classy, handsome and debonair just once rather than cute or bonny!
  25. Make a good feature film 
  26. Open a Welsh Terrier retirement sanctuary 
  27. Be on 60 Minute Makeover or even better Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
  28. Travel in period costume on a 1930s flying boat 
  29. Have my own American style barn
  30. Fly In Concord


    37 comments:

    1. Anonymous12:21 pm

      There are a few there that look perfectly do able. The rest? Will take some effort.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Great list.

      Some of those would sit happily on a list I would write.

      I would pass on Russell Crow (the guy strikes me as a pratt)
      and for that matter kissing Matt C.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Enjoyed reading this, it makes me think of my own list.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Good list. I think I would have some trouble coming up with 30 as I want less as I get older. However, years ago I read a book on the 100 things you should do in life to make you happy. I have done many of them.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Phone me when you get that spot dancing with The Boston Flag Football Team...I'll join you!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Have never even thought of writing a bucket list. I don't want to be on my deathbed whimpering " I just needed number 23, number 48, number 79"...someone is likely to bring me a chinese takeaway!
      Jane x

      ReplyDelete
    7. I share your number 11 John - I can only ever think of witty ripostes after the other person has gone.

      As for 26 - surely you could do that now. 1 Welsh terrier is wonderful, ten would be sublime, more than that would just take over your life - I can think of worse fates than that/

      ReplyDelete
    8. I think as one ages, the bucket list shrinks without doing the things listed. For example, there is no way my ticker could handle parachute jumping or hang gliding. One's tastes change too, a fling with Mel Gibson is no longer appetizing. :-)

      ReplyDelete
    9. WOW John...that's quite the list! I don't know if this will mark one off your list but hey...I think you're quite handsome and debonair ;) hehehe...Really I do!!! The one about farting when you bend over...it's gonna get worse. Loved the video of the Boston Flag Football teams dance...I bet you could do that no sweat. Well I guess I should have written your list down because I can't remember the rest other than I'd love an AGA too AND an AMERICAN barn ;) Enjoy your afternoon!
      Maura :)

      ReplyDelete
    10. I think we'll lock you in a room with Matt Cardle, take the key and run.

      I'm going up in a Hot-Air-Balloon next year (they couldn't fit us in this year), so that'll be one off my list.... now I just have to think of the others. I did desperately want to visit India, but that's been crossed off.

      ReplyDelete
    11. I'd be happy just to be able to touch my toes--regardless!

      ReplyDelete
    12. A very individualistic list and I am proud that you have included "swimming with tadpoles". It would be best to swim with them before they turn into frogs which are capable of giving one a nasty bite about the nether edge regions! Surprised that Charlie from "Road Wars" is not included. He will be very miffed to hear that you have opted for Matt Cardle instead.

      ReplyDelete
    13. LOL Jane, that was hilarious!
      I don't think I could come up with 30 things, let alone 50. Enjoyed reading your list John, thanks for sharing!

      ReplyDelete
    14. I'm going to have to Google Matt Cardle now!

      ReplyDelete
    15. You can tell we are twins ! quite a few of those would be on my list too especially the Aga [ in cream ] x

      ReplyDelete
    16. I agree with Maura. I think you can check off #24.
      As for the Concord, well, you obviously need to win the lottery; just like I do. Enough money could possibly bring one out of mothballs from wherever they went.
      Good luck to you! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    17. "Being able to write a whole blog entry without any spelling mistakes or having to used spellcheck"

      Used?

      Looks like that one remains on your 'still to do' list John!

      Number One on my list at the moment is to finish spreading 28 cubic metres of gravel along my driveway.

      ReplyDelete
    18. I can't see many in here that are doable to be honest. Youve got me thinking about my own though now. xxxxx

      ReplyDelete
    19. LOL, i like that flag football team, too, John!

      Interesting list.

      years ago, i made what i called a "life list." Long before the term bucket list came into vogue, but same idea.

      I've done most of the things on the list, i'm glad to say.

      Given that you're a nurse, i'm sure you've saved countless lives. Even if you don't think so. And Lord knows, you've rescued how many animals? Like the ghost hens? Badger?

      I've swum with tadpoles. I also have an American barn and love it. So do the bats who have decided to move back into the loft. I've also had a party at my house where everyone came to have a great time, and all did. Even the host and hostess! We felt we could never throw another, because it would never be as successful. LOL

      I LOVED Jane's comment about the Chinese takeaway!

      megan

      ReplyDelete
    20. Love your list! I'm going to have to go look up what an American style barn is... different than your type. Maybe I should look up a Wales barn first.

      ReplyDelete
    21. I am with you on number 3! Wouldn't that be a blast!

      ReplyDelete
    22. And what happened to 1) KISS A GOAT! Much better than kissing some man. Just watch out for the rumen burps. xoxoxo

      ReplyDelete
    23. I've got to say John, your wish list sounds a lot less expensive than it will be for Mr Williams. I was watching the news too. PS wouldn't want to be standing behind you when you're tying your shoe laces

      ReplyDelete
    24. Anonymous9:00 pm

      So that's the reason the truck was on Snowden. (I read an earlier story.) Snowden is on my short bucket list.

      I would think you've done #17, maybe not in an obvious, code blue sort of way.

      An American barn like these? http://www.barnsbarnsbarns.com/

      ReplyDelete
    25. Hi John! You've got a good list, and I hope you're able to do every single one of them--Of course we'll all want pictures of you and Matt and when you come to New York, maybe you can find the time to come to Washington DC for a visit and I'll show you and Chris all the sites!! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    26. Are you really seen as bonny?
      I thought that was reserved for babies and toddlers.

      ReplyDelete
    27. This is my favorite bucket list! And it is obvious to me that you are already classy, handsome, and debonair... AND cute and bonny.

      ReplyDelete
    28. What a super list, but number eleven is my favorite. As for the farting while touching your toes, do enough toe touches, and you'll run outta gas. (One way or the other . . .)

      ReplyDelete
    29. I've done some of those...

      ReplyDelete
    30. Some of these made me LMAO and some, well to be quite honest, I don't have any idea what you are talking about! :)

      Good luck with them all!

      ReplyDelete
    31. I don't know if #5 is possible after you turn 50, but I do like your list!

      ReplyDelete
    32. We had about 30 head of Jersey cattle when I was a lil tot. Was a hassle milking by hand, but the milk and cream was awesome!

      ReplyDelete
    33. does falling in a pond whilst catching tadpoles count as swimming with them?

      ReplyDelete
    34. Awesome! I gotta do one of these...#11 is universal though, isn't it? :D

      ReplyDelete
    35. This is a great bucket list, I'm still pondering over mine. A hot air balloon features prominently. As for Russell Crowe, you can have him - I'll settle for a meaningful encounter with Richard Armitage.

      I'm still sniggering over Jane's Chinese takeaway comment.

      ReplyDelete

    I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes