Blood and guts

I decided to have what Nuala and I used to call in our "salad days" as a "big boy's afternoon"..... now the actual definition of a big boy's afternoon is:-

"to vegetate on the couch in front of an action film with beer, crisps and no interruptions"

Mind you we used to indulge ourselves with such luxury years ago, when we were students with no responsibilities..so the thought of doing nothing for 2 hours in the day time now fills me with guilt that would put a Jewish Momma to shame.

So I got up early, had the jobs done by 8.30am and then got stuck in with the likes of coop cleaning, dog walking, lawn cutting and cottage cleaning. By 4pm, after I had delivered eggs and painted the last of my brooder boxes I thought I had earned enough brownie points to climb onto the couch with the dogs without any hint of remorse.

The movie of choice was the Neil Marshall epic CENTURION, which wasn't that bad a romp, even though it had obviously been cut-to-hell to fit in with the 20 year old yahoo cinema trade.
Little more than a chase movie, Centurion tells the tale of the 7 survivors of a 9th Legion massacre by the dirty Picts ( Michael Fassbender, Dominic West, David Morrisey and the still sexy Liam Cunningham amongst others) and how they have to escape from axe waving psychopath native warrior sexpot Olga Kurylenko

The survivors are picked off one by one after they do that obligatory jump over the waterfall scene, and everything is garnished with lashings of CGI blood and guts spurting around with gay abandon


Just the sort of mindless rubbish to while away a muggy afternoon

8 comments:

  1. I like the chic movies - meet, fall in love, problems develop, solve problems, everybody lives happily ever after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I had my druthers, I believe I would kill a couple hours watching "Breakfast at Tiffany's" Forgive me, I have had a long day and it's not even 2:00!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a plan to me.
    I love to indulge in such afternoons, especially when it is hot and muggy outside.
    Farm? What farm?

    Just kidding. Gotta get the chores done first.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how that man can run with all those muscles? Tee hee. My lady someday wants to see a movie where the Picts are the heroes...Like Bran Mak Morn. Woo woo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well as you know I am not a movie watcher but mmm this one looks like it might have potential... ummm is the guy running with the muscles in it the whole time? tee hee.. if so I might need to see this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to see The Expendables this evening. There were a lot of explosions. I could feel my testosterone levels rising as I watched it! Most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Must see if its in our local video library!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes