Sky Watching


 After twenty years I need a new sky box and dish, and so kept my counselling paperwork, emails and expenses to work on when I waited for the sky guy to arrive.
He arrived at 8 am and stayed two minutes, apparently he needed a colleague to help him and would come again in a couple of weeks time. The workman also saw my Jurassic Park T shirt and said it was his favourite movie he also apologised for the delay and promised me some compensation.
I made coffee and sat down to my paperwork .

Having a desk with a lovely view allows your mind to wander 
It has wandered all day


33 comments:

  1. Is the replacement free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But that frog is keeping an eye on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. D'oh! So much for my cataracts surgery -- still can't see worth a damn!

      Delete
  3. Two weeks! Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish we still had Skybox. You could get everything on that. Saw you stopped in at y place and thought I'd return the favor! FN

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the dilemma of having a lovely view when there's work to be done! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there’s always another job to be found

      Delete
  6. Morning coffee with this view is my dream. Sky (box) is the limit! Let our mind wander through meadows, forests, seas...
    Talking of meadows - there is a play written by George Tabori called "Peepshow" and there is this beautiful line:
    -I will love you until the cows return from the pasture.
    -And when will they return, Willy?
    -Never.

    Hugs and kisses, always pleases xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I’m used to being called like that by the Internet Sensation.

      Delete
  7. If I had an view like that, my mind would wander off and get lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Weren't you eligible for low cost or free heat pumps? Time to get that done, for poor dogges of not yourself. Winter is long and coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. typo*doggies*, humidity here making keys stick, sorry.

      Delete
    2. Apparently we are waiting for planning permission

      Delete
  9. I hope he also said "What joker installed that for you?" followed by lots of tutting and shaking of head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a gorgeous view!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly6:33 am

    Love the view John.I have that purple tradescantia plant too and it catches the light beautifully , dead easy to take cuttings from too x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is indeed a lovely view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the view of your adorable house

      Delete
  13. We've not had Sky for years now, it was something we decided we could definitely do without. But a new free dish AND compensation sounds like a very good deal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s what I thought , and ps I don’t get any normal tv stations

      Delete
  14. With that view i may not get anything done...lolHugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lovely view, indeed! I think I'd move the plant with the very tall leaves to the far right where they'd be backed by the shrubs so you'd have a wider view of the distant landscape. All the better for a wandering mind, don't you know?!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes