Just worked a long day shift
I’d like to be in Madrid ,
But in the Autumn.
When it is cooler
I miss Dorothy tonight, who used to lick my feet until they tingled
I’ve been on my feet all day.
Weaver is in a particularly nasty mood tonight
As Bun greeted me with a yowl when I got out of Bluebell smelling of sweat and death
She sat low in the gloom of the weeping laburnum tree in the back garden
And scowled
Mary is not well tonight ,
I’ve given her pain killers
And her breathing is now easier❤️
This was her twelve years ago
When she sat in my paella bowl


Those girls are such delights. I hope everyone's moods improve!
ReplyDeleteWishing you and the 'kids' a peaceful and restful night together, with treats for all to keep things calm or as calm as possible. Hope you have a footstool to elevate and rest your feet on since Dorothy isn't there to help out.
ReplyDeleteHugs!
A bowl of hot, soapy water to ease your feet, a large G&T to ease your body and a cuddle with Mary to ease your soul. As for Weaver... xx
ReplyDeleteadd epsom salts to the footbath
DeleteBitter sweet. Dear Mary
ReplyDeleteLee x
Was it a full moon? I can’t believe that shot of Mary in the paella bowl is 12 years old!
ReplyDeleteDear Mary - hard to imagine the paella episode was 12 years ago!
ReplyDeleteCeci
Mary in the paella bowl is priceless.
ReplyDeleteAs for the others and their fowl moods and scowls, maybe they missed you and wished you home sooner.
Or, maybe they just have bad attitudes???
That paella bowl is just the right fit. Has Mary sat in it since?
ReplyDeleteDear Mary. They break your heart
ReplyDeleteYour sweet Mary. They become so dear to us.
ReplyDeleteI hope Mary had a good night, and is brighter this morning? Do you have another work shift today, or can you be at home with her?
ReplyDeleteApologies, that was Virginia
DeleteThat photo of Mary has always made me laugh. I picture my own Welshie doing the same. The nearest I got was finding her in the drum of the washing machine when she was a puppy.
ReplyDeleteThat is a variation on Dog bowl... And such an expression.
ReplyDeleteI’ve always loved that picture of Mary but can’t believe it’s 12 years ago. Hope the feet are feeling better today.
ReplyDeleteJust love the pic of sweet little Mary, 12 years is a long time now. I hope she is feeling okay. As for the cats, no hope that they will ever be rehabilitated, I fear.Carole R.
ReplyDeleteMary brings me to tears
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself,
ReplyDeleteTake care of yourself, it’s not easy working in this heat x
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
Some cats were just not put on this earth to provide humans with cozy lap-sits and purrs. I live with one.
ReplyDeleteI wish you didn't have to work so much.
Hope you had a good sleep and are feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteI've always loved the photo of Mary in your bowl, she was and still is a gorgeous girl. I hope she is feeling a bit better now. I always notice straight away if Alan has forgotten to give Ginger his morning painkillers, he walks around like a little table, with stiff and very sore legs.
ReplyDeletePoor Mary. Those cats really are a challenge!
ReplyDeleteSweet Mary. I hope she is better today.
ReplyDeleteLong hours working can be exhausting. I wish you would reduce your hours.
Those cats are unpredictable!
How is Roger?
After listening to that gorgeous song I wish I was heading over to meet you in Madrid! I was only there one time but I LOVE Spain. And that singer! How beautiful is she!
ReplyDeleteI'm sending you a hug.
She is wonderful. I love the occasional growl in her voice.
DeleteThinking of you and hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Jxx
ReplyDeleteThe inexorable flow of time. Mostly we feel it when we miss something that is lost in its current. But we swim and we will keep swimming.
ReplyDeleteThis came to my mind when I read about the Madrid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJobHAliszc
Enjoy John and may your feet rest.
xx
Poor Mary ! You sound a bit weary John . Hope you can get a trip to Madrid soon . ! X Bernie
ReplyDeleteI am weary
Delete