Thank You

 


Sometimes a little kind gesture goes a long way 
Lee ( yes she of the potty mouth from Third Avenue New York ) sent me a money gift yesterday , 
It was sent with the proviso that it be spent on “gin and scotch eggs” 
Or a “ King Filipe lookalike”

And it was sent with love and “ the neediness of an old broad on her third dirty martini” 
My old Gladiator blog follower is a star 
And a true friend ๐Ÿ˜€



57 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:51 pm

    ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿธbottoms up

    Leexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dearHeart

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:02 pm

      My simple pleasure squire , good luck for tomorrow

      Lee๐Ÿธ

      Delete
  2. What a kind gesture, Lee. So which did you spend it on, John? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing yet ….let me get over the catheter change tomorrow

      Delete
    2. Here's hoping there's a King Filipe lookalike in the hospital, looking for someone in need of a Scotch egg, a large gin and a warm hug. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and willing everything to go well. xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you dearHeart x

      Delete
  3. I vote for spending it on a King Filipe lookalike, because you can have a gin and a scotch egg any old time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if some Spanish entertainment agency has a King Filipe look-a- like for hire? :D Good luck tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:56 pm

    Really enjoy the gin and a scotch egg and I am sure the look alike will soon turn up. Hope you feel so much better after getting rid of the catheter, horrible thingsbjg essential for a time. Do hope your general health can then continue to improve and you start to feel better / normal again. Getting older can be really shitty but it is better than the other option!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve got it another three months at least ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

      Delete
  6. Cheers to Lee! Does Lee have a blog? I'd like to follow her.
    Can you buy both, Scotch eggs and a poster? Doubly good.
    Good luck on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She doesn’t , I’ve suggested it years ago, she won’t mind me saying that she comes from an affluent New York Jewish family of some standing and was always a black ewe

      Delete
    2. She sounds like my kinda gal.

      Delete
  7. Anonymous9:14 pm

    Do the scotch egg, the gin or two and a glorious face hair trim and warm . massage . Bliss♥️

    ReplyDelete
  8. Traveller9:27 pm

    I was going to say that I wish I still visited NY every couple of months so that I could meet Lee for a ๐Ÿธor three at the Blue Bar in the Algonquin. But I checked our their website…good God, what the hell did they do to that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveller10:05 pm

      I so want an answer….would, have said it went Trumpian gold but, from the photos, it hasn’t. It’s just gone glitzy. And there is a new cat!

      Delete
  9. How wonderful! Lee is a good egg. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, Lee! How kind of you to send dosh for libations and here's hoping that blasted catheter is history when John sees the doctor tomorrow.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd spend it on my own personal King Filipe lookalike!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:35 pm

    how knowing and kind of Lee.... whoo. boy... who would love a go with a perfect scotch egg and King Filipe? :-)
    Susan M/ Calif

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous11:48 pm

    All these years, until recently, I thought Lee was a bloke.
    Goood luck with the catheter tomorrow.
    weavinfool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She’s all woman with a potty sailors mouth ( inherited she told me once from her older brother )

      Delete
  14. What a kind thing Lee did there!. And like her I wish you all the best for Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! That's nice. Which are you going for; the Gin or the King?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Giving brings so much pleasure - to the giver as well as the receiver. That is such a kind thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s exactly what Lee put in her email

      Delete
  17. It would be nice to see a King Filipe emerge from a gift box.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a lovely gift, and I'm glad it was one you felt you could accept. Enjoy pondering what to buy to do the gift justice. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Refusing it would be rude and foolish

      Delete
  19. Carol Caldwell6:59 am

    Good luck with the catheter and what a lovely gift from Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some Bombay sapphire ! A treat

      Delete
  20. That's what I'd call a thoughtful gift. Good luck with everything and hope all goes well. Keep us posted. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:37 pm

    That’s a lovely thing that your friend Lee did x
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Now I just LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's a super nice thing to do and to receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She’s a dear old Lass with plenty of chutzpah

      Delete
    2. Anonymous8:14 pm

      Too fucking right !

      Lee

      Delete
  24. Anonymous3:57 pm

    I had my own look a like whom I miss every day, but hey they lose their looks as they get older. Go for the scotch eggs. Gigi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Being ordered to buy gin is a pretty fabulous thing! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes