90 well know songs in one musical, walk the moon included ( my favourite dance song) and more camp to shake a stick at , Janet and I , enjoyed Moulin Rouge in Liverpool , but didn’t fall in love it it .
Nate Landskroner was a strong Christian and stole every song from the lovely Verity Thompson ( as the doomed Santine), perhaps we needed a few wines ( so many were heavily drinking even on a Monday nite)
And the massive Empire Theatre ( The biggest in the Uk catering for over 2,300 people) was suitably decorated with a giant windmill and thirty foot elephant !
Look closely I have a bogie ! 😥



Ohhh
ReplyDeleteI love Moulin Rouge! And heavy drinking on Monday? Yes.
That was not Boy George as Zidler, right?
XOXO
It wasn’t lol , and I was driving xx
DeleteWhat a memorable night with joyous songs and beverages! Happiness and great smiles abound!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Was Come What May performed ?
DeleteI adore that lovely song
Lee
And yes you have a booger lol
DeleteLol
Babs , it was great fun xx
DeleteLee, the best song of the night xxx
DeleteFuck me squire you do have a fucking booger
DeleteLee
I never liked the film , except for the song COME WHAT MAY
ReplyDeleteKeith Xx
DeleteStill sounds like a great time even if not a love fest.
ReplyDeleteYou’d love it u big lovable queen
DeleteIt looks like a 'No Expenses Spared' musical; rare these days.
ReplyDeleteYes, and must have cost a lot inroyatypayments with 90 hits
DeleteThe energy would keep me going for a few days.
ReplyDeleteThe best was the chorus scenes
DeleteI'm sure you had fun because you were with your sister!
ReplyDeleteWe both needed a break ,
DeleteGlad that you both had a good time, and a 30ft elephant - wow! xx
ReplyDeleteApparantly it was sabines dressing room !
DeleteYou look like you both had a lovely time, and it's nice going to a musical and knowing most, if not all, the songs!!
ReplyDeleteThe change of scene did me good
DeleteLooks like it was quite a spectacle! Fab photo of you and the sis!
ReplyDeleteWe both. Benefitted from the change of scene
DeleteThe polite term is "nose goblin." lol
ReplyDeleteA lesson learned lol
DeleteI have never understood the appeal of Moulin Rouge. When the movie came out years ago I tried to watch it and turned it off (or walked out -- can't remember if I was renting it at home or seeing it in a theater). I don't think I even got halfway through.
ReplyDeleteI get this Steve, as it is almost entirely song driven. The second half feels a bit more like la Boheme
DeleteNose goblin. I love it! Don't worry John, we still love you.
ReplyDeleteI never seen Moulin Rouge but need to add it to my list of movies that my husband won't watch with me but which I will happily enjoy without him.
I’ve never seen it either x
Delete