Bits


There are a few outstanding addresses from the winners of the Postcard competition to come in. Each winner will be presented (how grand a term is that?) with a genuine Welsh love spoon key ring! now I know I'm a completely mad bitch giving away such a wonderful prize but I do hope they will be enjoyed in the spirit that they are given. outstanding winners please email me jgsheffield@hotmail.com

I'm running late this morning, as I am meeting a friend for lunch at Porth Eirias https://portheirias.com/ . The dogs can come with me and have a walk before I meet her. She is a friend I catch up with once every couple of months or so.
She's mad as a badger., but in a nice way.

Some of you would have read my review of Nation's sweetheart Ian McKellen last night and today I wanted to share one little, just remembered moment which illustrated his pure mastering of his art.
He recalled his very first visit to a theatre as a child and described how he gazed with wonder at a backdrop studded with night sky stars. With a flick of a wrist and a half whisper that was pure whimsy, Mc  Kellen seemed to live that moment from seven decades ago and even though I knew it was a pure example of an old queeny thespian flexing his acting muscles, my eyes teared up by the very power of it.
…...a lovely moment of indulgence.

Tonight my sister and I are of to see the musical Wise Children
Culture Bitches!!!!


36 comments:

  1. Ohhh a Welsh love spoon key ring? That sounds absolutely fab. Darn it, now I will have to go on Amazon to see if I can get one.
    Anyway, the Ian post was great. And I hope you post about this musical. The title alone is a riot.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. The phrase "mad as a badger" is frankly insulting to badgers everywhere. Badgers are still being persecuted secretly by Theresa May's government. They are wonderful, resilient and enduring creatures that occupied these islands long before human beings appeared on the scene. God Save The Badger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous6:07 pm

      Well said Y.Pudding
      Leave the badgers alone, too many killed by bad/too fast driving as well
      Tess

      Delete
    2. Oh they are mad ! I've battled one in a hen house once

      Delete
  3. We all need a little controlled crazy in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara Anne12:45 pm

    What generous and brilliant prizes the Welsh love spoon key rings are!!

    I love the Keep Swimming framed card. :)

    What magic Ian McKellen can create with words. He's a true thespian and, as you wrote, a national treasure.

    Tonight's play is bound to be a hoot.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that card has got me through many a bad day

      Delete
  5. A welsh love spoon? I have to look that up.

    When I was 20 years old and hitchhiking around England during the Summer of 1976, I got to Stratford upon Avon (because I'm American and it's the rule that when Americans are in England, we have to go to Stratford upon Avon) and was so disappointed that the only thing going on at the Royal Shakespeare Theater was some play I'd never heard of, called The Winter's Tale, starring some unknown actor named Ian McKellen. I think I paid all of 90 pence for a ticket, and much to my surprise, I was enthralled. It was the first time I'd seen Shakespeare performed on a stage with real actors (a theater experience I have repeated just one other time). But I've tracked the career of that actor, and he turns out to have made quite a name for himself in film and TV.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i would have loved to have seen that! some actors just seem to have "it".

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Welsh love spoon sounds lovely. I had to look them up and they're beautiful, even the ones with chained balls in a cage. Hmmm.

    Hope you have a lovely lunch and evening out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ouch was lovely cod and mash with a poached egg .. bloody lovely with a sauce

      Delete
  8. I don;t think of badgers are mad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so the Welsh love spoons do they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do... Welsh love spoons are individual to Wales. They are love tokens and can be designed in wood in very intricate patterns

      Delete
  10. Never heard of that musical you're going to see, but it sure looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See next blog....it was fucking bonkers

      Delete
  11. You're definitely having some interesting cultural experiences! Does your "mad as a badger" friend read your blog?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you are on the right road. Leaving us laughing too,.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Welsh Love Spoon is a lovely gift! Do you still plan on doing a wall of all the post cards you received?

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful place to meet and walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was sunny , Winnie and George met two rescue Scotties on the beach

      Delete
  15. 'Wise Women Culture Bitches' would be a great name for a rock band.

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes