Two hours and I only sold 20£ worth of raffle tickets....it was a case of too much chat not enough sales pitch
- Mrs Trellis had a rant about the proposed HS2 ( high speed train) line to Sheffield which will destroy a newly built housing estate and told me all about her kitchen cabinets which are just to be painted
- Meirion Jones and his neighbour were somewhat surprised that I took an executive decision and entered his garden into the show without his permission!
- Ceinwen was watching the end her favourite to show, as her hubby bought a tenner' worth off me
- Jean was laying slate chippings onto her newly designed front garden when I stopped she was showing a great deal of bust in the heat of the afternoon ! I pretended that I didn't notice
- A new woman in a rented bungalow near the affable despot told me she wasn't interested in buying a ticket. I told her to have a nice day and pulled the head off one of her roses when I walked down her drive
- Ian P bought a fivers worth....and I found myself promising to watch his bees when he is on holiday
- I've only got 200 tickets to go! Hey ho