1. Winnie fell in love with the visiting electrician yesterday and I think the feeling was mutual.
She adores workmen
It's a blue collar lurve.
Luckily he was used to dogs, so when she followed him up into the airing cupboard, he didn't batter an eye and when he flashed his head around the hot water tank and she jammed her head alongside his to see what he was doing, I could hear him talking to her in a sweet paternal type way.
When he left , she walked him up the garden path and blew him kisses from the gate.
2. I was caught photographing a fellow villager's face over the garden wall yesterday afternoon. He was " striking a pose" reminiscent of Madonna in a Vogue period which looked even more surreal given the fact he is 80. The farmer driving past looked rather wide eyed ....I must admit.
( The reason that I was ipad photographing my friend was the fact he has had cancer surgery on his face and because he is worried about the resulting scar tissue, I have arranged to photograph the area every few days, in order for him to check the progress of the wound)
If I die tomorrow at least The Prof will understand that just why I have a dozen close ups of my neighbours face tucked away in the ipad.
3. A nameless villager complained to me that another nameless villager was leaving their side door to the garden open all of the time.
" They are showing off" the complaint went " they only want passing people to see just how lovely their back garden is"
I didn't quite grasp the upsetting nature of it all so muttered a nondescript " oh dear!" in way of a response
From left to Right, Mrs Trellis, The Vicar and unhappy unnamed villager!
4 The number of International Novelty Veg/ fruit photo entries is worrying low at present! Mrs Trellis suggested that the quality of the first entries have paralysed the other potential exhibitors.
I told her she would need to start whittling away at a cucumber and polishing her Polaroid if more didn't come in soon!
So please! Send your novelty veg entries into email jgsheffield @hotmail.com as soon as possible please! We need to beat last year's 60 entries!
5. Affable despot Jason and wife Claire now have picket fence! I adore it as it looks sooooo 1940 American movie Studio set......I am so reminded of Starlings - The Miniver house in Mrs Miniver
I am however slightly disappointed that Jason has not painted it white as yet! All picket fences should be white!
I have written to local squire Nigel Steele- Mortimer to see if he will open this year's show, the vicar
wasn't keen last year!
7. Mary's ear infection has returned. The Prof has allowed her to sleep with us as a result.