"When eeeee needs meeee" & Thanks To Em Parkinson




Tonight the village gets riddled with " ripper fever" as the long awaited Jack The Ripper lecture comes to the Memorial Hall.Now I did mention to Auntie Glad that she would have made a delightful old Victorian crone if we made her up with a shawl and a basket of lavender and sat her on the village Hall steps , but she said her cockney wasn't up to it.......especially when her    " cor lummy...ave a banana" comes out less like Nancy out of Oliver  and more like Gladys Pugh from Hi De Hi.

I am in two minds setting a bonfire on the allotment next to the memorial Hall at 6.45pm ... Some atmospheric " fog" would set the scene quite beautifully as the punters arrive for their evening of gore.
I'll mention it to affable despot Jason a bit later....I am sure he'll be up for it

Anyhow, I'll close with a big thank you to fellow blogger  Em Parkinson, who from her
Delightful rural backwater in the South East, sent me some of her artwork of Wiliam and 
George ( below)
We collected the framed pictures today and they look beautiful on the cottage wall
Thank you so much Em for making such an effort
And all for the price of a sad scotch egg sent in the post

Em's Blog ( click)

Quite lovely

30 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:14 pm

    Oh my goodness....she is QUITE the artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful art work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work by Em. I think it is not for the eggs, but because you are a cool person, John.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The "fog" would be a great touch, but I think you'll have to set the fire inside the Hall so all the attendees can get into the spirit during the lecture! I would love to be there.

    Nancy in Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  5. KK is right and also the dogs are perfect candidates for being drawn! Thanks for the plug John.....you still need to let me know how much you WOULD have been prepared to pay if you'd had to, so I can pitch it right. I really have no clue. I like your choice of mount colours by the way. Still need pics of Meg for the triptych....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever the price you charge, it won't be enough. They are stunning.
      Jane x

      Delete
    2. I second that, they are absolutely wonderful.

      Delete
  6. PS - South West, not South East. You've spent too long in Wales John! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Could you toll the church bells too?
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning !
    She's a talented artist indeed.
    Enjoy your 'Ripper' night, sounds so exciting, fog and all !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Besides Em's wonderful artwork her photography of where she lives makes me want to visit. And her gud dug Snippet is a hoot !
    Enjoy your evening with Ripper Fever !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great night John. The pictures are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The art work is unquestionably rendered by talented hands.

    "old Victorian crone" Auntie Glad? How could you! How about, 'Matriarch of the Community', wiser heads prevailing, that sort of thing?

    I quite fancied Gladys Pugh. There, I've said it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely work Em!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aren't they smashing....how talented she is...they look great there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. VERY nice artwork! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Fabulous artwork! Way to go, Em. Whatever you charge, people will happily pay.


    When I was babysitting as a teenager, I watched a late night movie about Jack the Ripper, and it scared the absolute bejeezus out of me. Lots of fog, the glint of light on a blade... (shudder)... still creeps me out just to think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What great drawings! I don't think I could deal with anything about Jack the Ripper. Nightmares. Yes, I'd have nightmares.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely pictures of the doggies

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, those are really good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great drawings indeed.
    Have a wonderful Sunday, John.

    ReplyDelete
  22. They are wonderful. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anyone dressed up in cloak and top hat? If so it woz them...

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous1:14 pm

    love the dog art...Em did you proud!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic gift!!! I bet you are over the moon about them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very lovely likenesses .

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes