Another few "thank yous"

This is just a "postscript" to the previous blog entry....the blog entry where I thanked all of the Flower Show committee and helpers for a job well done.
I forgot to thank all of the competitors in the show itself.
Despite losing our Post Office ( the main Flower Show Schedule distributing HQ) and several of our traditional Vegetable experts to ill health, the village community and stalwarts from nearby Prestatyn came up trumps to give us one of the biggest shows we have had in recent years.
New entrants from St Asaph and a quartet of novice show "girls" from Dyserth ( whose near hysteria at winning several classes was terribly infectious!)....filled in the gaps left from old friends of the show, and I was so pleased to see the likes of The Cameron family, Jean Smith and Eirlys Dutton wipe the board with many of their entries (all villagers that really have not entered much before).
To me, that's what a flower Show is all about.......giving it a go!

Before I go,may I say another quick "Thank you" to Wendy (left) 
An avid blog reader and supporter of Trelawnyd activities
She very kindly gave me a little pressie, a book entitled "The Good, Good Pig"
I wonder where she got the idea from?
Answers on a postcard
x

20 comments:

  1. I don't have a postcard at hand but I think she got the idea from your pig/pigs John.

    Is there a prize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. humm a prize for the bleeding obvious>?
    I will send you a penknife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. more than I got in your effing competition

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had the 'fun' of entering John and 'edge of your seat' excitement (not) hehe.

    Can't put a price on that.

    What's the penknife like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...but to the point.

    Cheap wine but does the job.

    Tom appears to be reminiscing about his 'punk' years lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and off soon to remind the Germans about the war again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. be careful
    he will be ranting soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 5...4...3...2...1...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, without the entries - would be no reason for the flower show. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, another dud grenade! (Not you Sharon)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, John, for sharing so much about the Flower Show. You constantly offer me views into a way of life I have never experienced. And I love it! Congratulations on your good work and your great success... and being done with it for another year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank God we have got a year to get over all the excitement. Special thanks to Mike and Bernie Winters too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like a lot of fun John and work of course. The veg basket was very beautiful. Pink hydrangeas be still my heart....mine will always be blue with our soil.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello John! Its been a long day for me too, and I've enjoyed stopping by and seeing the pictures from the show. I knew it would be a huge success, and I am envious that I've nothing like that to go to here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In all seriousness, Every village needs a man like you. Such an asset (Don't even think about it Tom)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought 'all pigs were equal'. Thank goodness Tom's now gone to Germany (did you just hear a muffled expletive?).

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE that book. LOVE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes