Cock Joke

I worked last night, and it was busy shift.
Intensive care can be a bit of a bunfight when you are looking after a critically ill patient....you can feel rather like a juggler with too many balls in the air...and by the time I finished my shift I was jiggered! Thank goodness for my colleague Richard, a diminutive Filipino staff nurse who possesses more energy than Auntie Glad,, without his help, I would have never have finished all of my jobs before morning staff staggered onto shift


So I took the dogs to bed when I got home and slept soundly for an hour with Meg's paws around my neck.....how do full time nurses cope with the stresses of intensive care? I 'll be buggered if I know.


I will leave you with a joke sent to me by my friend Geoff.....enjoy!



"A farmer buys a young cockerel
As soon as he gets it home, it rushes around like a lunatic and shags all 150 of the farmer's hens.
The farmer is impressed
At lunchtime the cockerel again shags all of the hens again without a break and the farmer starts to get somewhat tense.....
the next day the farmer finishes the milking and finds that the cockerel has shagged all of the ducks, turkeys and geese.....and by the end of the day the farmer comes across the cockerel pale , gasping and half dead on his back, with a flock of vultures circling slowly in the sky above him

The farmer bends down and says quietly "you horny little bastard..you deserved that!"
After which the cockerel opens just one eye slowly saying in a whisper
"Ssssshhhhhhhh...they are all about to land......."

23 comments:

  1. That's an oldy from my youth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After an hour of gardening I needed something to make me laugh John!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of all the cock jokes I've heard, that one was a new for me (sorry Al :P )

    Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!

    That WAS my youth Al, sadly long gone...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snicker....snicker..snort!Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that expression "bunfight," must add that to my daily vocab. I love the image of Meg's paw around your neck and hope you are feeling rested!
    It is still a good joke and great pic to go with it.
    If you get a mo, see if you can spot what is wrong with the photo I posted.
    Have a great weekend John!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well at least you managed an hour. I had Freddie (our cat) jumping on me all last night; I doubt if I got 15 mins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I left the ICU for that exact reason. I likened it to spinning plates - at some point plates were going to fall and ulitmately it would be MY choosing which plates that would be. Sophia's Choice. What an awful feeling. I enjoyed Critical Care and miss it some times - I don't miss the stress. ER is a different kind of stress but the really bad stuff is usually over quickly. Not that we don't try just as hard to save them but sometimes the loss in battle is easier to take because we don't make that emotional connection. Does that make sense?
    I thought of you during my last day of work this week as I stood next to an 18yr old who was begging his dad to breathe. [He didn't] You are right - we don't teach that part. And we should.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's no stoppin' for some 'guys'!
    This was funny John!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gave me a giggle, thanks
    Briony

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, that is one horny cock! m.

    ReplyDelete
  12. John, I fondly and not so fondly remember the long hours of nursing in the hospital. I look forward to reading your blog. I have been reading your comments over at Tom's already. olive

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just choked on my lobster sandwich...not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lobster sandwich!

    I bloody wish!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Groan!

    Oh, I well remember the madness of busy night shifts. I am so glad I don't have to do them any more!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's one big cock! I love the pic of the 3 little pigs at the top, especially the bearded one...xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. John - just reading your blog in sunny Santorini! Taken me several days to switch off from the NHS :-(
    The joke did the trick!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the joke, I needed a good laugh today!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3:47 pm

    Brilliant! My brothers will love this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes