Phil Archer RIP


It's the end of an era. Jill Archer spent a rare day out with Peggy Woolly and Christine Barford and came home to find her 82 year old husband dead in the living room armchair.

It has been a long time coming as actor Norman Painting, who has played the Ambridge farmer for over 58 years, passed away last October, and I must admit I wondered just how the BBC would "get rid" of one of their most loved and respected characters!
In the end, Phil was found by his wife, in a peaceful understated scene which , as it turned out , was incredibly underplayed, brief and rather moving........The BBC does it again, as when it counts, this wonderful old soap comes up trumps again

3 comments:

  1. Hi John, Just been catching up with your news! I'm glad that it sounds as though things are settling back down for you after the dreadful fox attacks. Your Buff Orpingtons look glorious & I look forward to posts of little chicks. I have my own access to the internet again now so I hope to resume regular blogging again - thanks so much for asking after me. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that sad though it was that Norman has passed on, I won't miss Phil. I found him slightly irritating and think if I was stuck with him at a party I would get quite irritated and fidgety to get away.

    Poor Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nik
    welcome to the blog
    who is your favourite ARCHERS actor then???

    ReplyDelete

I love all comments Except abusive ones from arseholes